Thursday, September 02, 2010

Basle 3 doesn't look promising

The BIS will soon unveil proposals for bank capital under Basel 3. From what has been revealed so far, these won't be tough enough on banks. The new capital requirements will be phased in over a longish period. Regulators are worried that tougher requirements will impact on the weak global recovery but this is not supported by BIS research on the impact of additional capital.

I'm afraid it doesn't look as though policy-makers are serious about preventing recurring banking crises. Maybe they just want to shrug these off as part of the ups and downs of capitalist economies?

More in my ET column, Banks, relax- until the next crisis.

2 comments:

Research Term Papers said...

Hi, I have just visited your site and the info you have covered has been of great interest to me. Some of the suggestions you have given have enabled me to apply my own thought process to afford a greater understanding of the issue. Some info that is provided on the Web is not very useful but yours has been worthwhile. Some of the points you have raised will assist me greatly. Incidentally, I like the way you have structured your site, it is super and very easy to follow. I have bookmarked you and will be back regularly. Thank you

mandela said...

I'm not sure what about the GMT referred above, but if that's all what Breitling brings to Basel, then I'll be truly disappointed. I expected a Navitimer B01 and/or a Blackbird B01 at least, and also was hoping to see an updated SuperOcean (not the Heritage version) or Steelfish. The GMT+ was already a huge disappointment to me, so were the new Aerospace dials for 2009.

And that green bezel for the SOH and SOHC is just too close to what Rolex did on the Submariner LV. Why can't Breitling think of a different colour, other than green?
auto insurance quotes